Bible Verses on The Good News and how it inspires me.
- “For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.” John 6:40
- "Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes Him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life." John 5:24
- “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, so that whoever believes in Him, shall not perish but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
These verses are my favorite because it is the good news of Jesus Christ made simple. The story of Jesus can be found in the Bible and more specifically in the first four books of the New Testament. He was a Jew who claimed to be the Son of God and was sentenced to death for proclaiming such a truth in His day. He made bold claims such as:
“Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
“No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.”
Jesus said to her (Martha), “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?” She said to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.” (John 11:25-27)
- Along with Martha - I simply believe Jesus wasn’t just a mere man who claimed to be God. But He is God with us - He is God in the flesh. To believe in this and that He came to earth to die on a cross and resurrect on the third day to take on my sins to make me righteous with God the Father forever is what it means to be a believer.
His will is that we simply believe in Him and love one another as He loved us.
-Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?”Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”
“My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. This is my command: Love each other.”
John 6:28-29 and 15:12 -17
“All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
- The Holy Spirit indwells in all who believe because God has ordained only one way for us to be made righteous forever - the simple and humble way of coming with our empty hands to God and believing that God sent Jesus to rescue you from Hell. Hell is where we all are cosigned after we die - but God promises to keep and protect those from Hell who simply believe in Jesus.
- “For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.“ John 3:17-18
“Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
Romans 5: 7-8
He doesn’t call perfect people to Himself - He calls a broken world to receive Him freely without the taskmaster of religion. He sets our guilt and our trials upon His shoulders and He gives us peace. He knows in this life we will have trouble - He doesn’t hide this from us. But He wants us to take courage in a better foundation than what the world promises.
- “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 14:27 and 16:33
- “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.“ Ephesians 2:8-9